Friday, June 26, 2015

Cards for Kindness--Locally!

Spreading Local Kindness to my Family!

I am an aunt, again!  My sister-in-law had her third child Wednesday.  She is a tiny, but beautiful, baby girl!  She weighs less than five pounds! They were keeping the sex a surprise, so I couldn't make her a card in advance.  So, I dropped everything and made a baby girl card to celebrate her arrival!


We couldn't wait to go visit our new family member.  As Uncle Jimmy said, he couldn't wait to tease her.  (He's an ornery uncle!)  



She arrived home today, and it occurred to me to ask if she received a crib card.  Not only had she received a crib card, but she received one I personally made a week ago.  It was so touching to know that my family member was a recipient of our Cards for Kindness mission!


My sister-in-law loved it.  She said, "I did receive it! I love the idea, but I might love it as much because your connection."

I know many of us will miss Operation Write Home, but I am very excited to know we are making people happy and spreading kindness locally!


Remember Cards for Kindness is tomorrow from 1-4 p.m.  I hope you can make it and help us continue to make cards for others to share kindness, love, and celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment