Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pattern, Pattern, Pattern!

I love patterns.  Sometimes I sit staring at a stamp set for a long time and just can't figure out what to do.  Patterns are my 'go to' creative breakthrough!  I used one pattern with our new Moonlight Paper Stack and new 2014-2016 in color Blackberry Bliss & Crushed Curry to make four different cards.

I found the following pattern on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/208784132700059980/



I started with the From My Heart Set for my English Teacher friend; I thought she'd love the quote from Charles Dickens!:


Next I created cards to Welcome the new teachers to our building.  We are the "Lakers" with a mascot of a sailboat.  I figured Ahoy! would be fitting.  This is a retired set called Hello Sailor. The colors are our school colors.  



Finally, I used the new set #hello.  I love, love, love that it matches our new 2 inch and 2/12 inch punch!  It makes creating a card with layers super quick! I also used our Starburst Framelits


Overall, I love the new color!  It is perfect for our school colors!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment